The Institute of Aquaculture are pleased to announce our international women’s day event: ‘Celebrating woman in STEM’, which will be held in the Pathfoot Lecture Theatre on the 8th of March 2023.
This event looks to celebrate women’s achievements and contributions in STEM fields such as Aquaculture, Agriculture, and Technology, and to raise awareness of the importance of equity and equal opportunities for women in these fields.
Our speakers at the event will be:
- Dr Almas Gheyas (lecturer and geneticist at the IoA)
- Dr Juli-Anne Russo (founder of Caribbean Women in Aquaculture)
- Alison Younger (owner of Old Leckie farm and Scottish Agritourism Destination Leader for Stirlingshire)
- Dr Georgina Robinson (tropical ecologist and aquaculture researcher at the Scottish Association for Marine Science)
- Fiona Strachan (senior technical specialist and quality manager at the IoA)
The event will take place between 12pm-2pm, with short talks followed by finger food and refreshments. Vegetarian and vegan options available.
To reserve a space, follow the link to our Eventbrite page, or scan the QR code on the flyer below.